I have not always been a reader. It wasn't until I had children that I developed a love for books. Specifically children's literature. I was hooked. From nursery rhymes to Harry Potter it was a lovefest. I wanted my children to learn to love reading and I tried in various ways to bond them to books. I remember that on the first day of summer they would get a special breakfast and a new book. I would have a basket at the table with nicely wrapped books for each one of them. Books that I had selected especially with each one of them in mind. I also recall making sure that as part of each birthday they also had a new book as one of their gifts. As a result my girls enjoy reading and my boys, over time, have developed the ability to read for pleasure. If I had it to do over again I'd drastically limit television time and focus my energy and enthusiasm on books with my kids. Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Help your children to learn to love reading
I have not always been a reader. It wasn't until I had children that I developed a love for books. Specifically children's literature. I was hooked. From nursery rhymes to Harry Potter it was a lovefest. I wanted my children to learn to love reading and I tried in various ways to bond them to books. I remember that on the first day of summer they would get a special breakfast and a new book. I would have a basket at the table with nicely wrapped books for each one of them. Books that I had selected especially with each one of them in mind. I also recall making sure that as part of each birthday they also had a new book as one of their gifts. As a result my girls enjoy reading and my boys, over time, have developed the ability to read for pleasure. If I had it to do over again I'd drastically limit television time and focus my energy and enthusiasm on books with my kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment